R1 RCM Inc. is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management services which transform and solve challenges across health systems, hospitals and physician practices. Headquartered in Chicago, R1® is a publicly-traded organization with employees throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our priority is to always do what is best for our clients, patients and each other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we complement a healthcare organization’s infrastructure, quickly driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient experience.
The Site Coding Manager supervises a team of 20 to 30 primarily remote-based medical coding associates and is responsible for managing their performance, productivity and quality; will oversee the assignment of appropriate ICD-10-CM and CPT codes for diagnoses and procedures in accordance with all applicable coding guidelines, rules and regulations. In addition to the managerial responsibilites, the Site Coding Manager works directly with R1's customers to communicate coding performance, collaboratively identify and solve problems, assist in managing projects and help to deliver on financial and operational commitments related to coding. The candidate must have experience in Health Information Management, proficiency in medical coding, strong leadership skills, and excellent interpersonal and teamwork attributes.
This role supports our Physician Revenue Cycle Management teams in the Tulsa, Austin and Waco markets.
- Ensures managed coders meet or exceed productivity standards (measured in charts per hour and downtime) and quality standards.
- Supervises and directs daily coder work schedules and work assignments.
- Assists with assessment, training and onboarding of new-hires; creates 30/60/90 day ramp-up plans for new associates.
- Creates and manages individual growth and development plans for coders related to quality, productivity and employee development.
- Administers annual (or more frequent as needed) evaluations of coder performance and competence.
- Plans, assigns and directs coding workflow to exceed system-wide DNFC targets and consistently maintains a zero-backlog coding queue; personally accountable to DNFC performance.
- Assists various process improvement projects associated with the coding workflow.
- Identifies and solves moderate to complex problems related to coding workflows.
- Optimizes staffing efficiency by minimizing production downtime and slowness to meet specific cost targets.nages cost containment protocols to keep overtime and third-party backlog coding vendor output to < 10% of the total coding output
- Implements findings from Regional Coding Manager to meet or exceed team coding quality standards (measured by DRG, diagnosis, procedure, modifier accuracy).
- Identifies, tracks and reports key barriers and process defects to the customer and leadership teams on weekly basis.
- RHIA or RHIT with CCS preferred.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- Three years of professional coding experience.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to manage cross-functional resolutions against a deadline.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to comprehend and analyze large quantities of operational data.
- Advanced proficiency in standard office equipment and information systems.
- Ability to prioritize key tasks and work in a complex, stressful environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions, collaboration and the freedom to explore professional interests.
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, to innovate and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care. We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive benefits package. To learn more, visit:R1RCM.com.
6 days ago - source